- I wanted to say thank you so much for everything. It was such a blessing this year to watch the twins learn to sing, become interested in music, and be able to name instruments. We often sing the songs at home and they love it. I realized that they pick up more than we realize when Cole would sing the hello song and add in kids names from the class. Thank you again for letting one of them come for free! And also for your wonderful spirit and Godly love..there were a few days that you said things that I knew came from God!
- I wanted to let you how sorry we were to miss Friday's class! (Especially because it was the last one of the semester!) We were all so sad! As always, we loved the class this semester (Ruby even played "music class" today where I was a kid in the class and she was Miss Jane!:)) . We look forward to participating again in the fall!
- Hello from Canada!! I can't believe we've been here over a month already! I was hoping to be back in Myrtle Beach by now. Mila's is having a great time of course with all her cousins and friends, but very often remembers music class and her little friends there. She sings the hello song and remembers all the names!
- Sorry we were late to class today; I was at an appointment that went over. In the car, I said " Carmella, looks like we will have to miss music today"
She started bawling- I said "ok ok"
"We can make your birthday cupcakes" (thinking this was a winner) "or go to music."
She said, "MUSIC!!!!!!"
So off we went, late- apologies! Loved the violin!
- Today I put on the music CD in the car and sang the songs with Ava. She was upset at the time but after I put the music on and started singing she listened and participated a little. She is learning so much from your class and just loves music!!!
- Elise's favorite is the song about the three little piggies. We have been singing it in the car, in the bathtub, while cleaning together, and even as we walk up and down the neighborhood. Singing these songs together build such precious memories. I know I will hear this song one day, and instantly be taken back to the nights we strolled down the sidewalk singing the piggie song!
- Thank you for another fun class! As usual, we enjoyed ourselves. You've helped foster a real love of music in our son. He plays his instruments- most specifically drums-- at home all the time! We've noticed his love of music runs quite deep as he will turn to his drums to express his feelings - happy, upset or his "praise songs". It really blesses us that music will serve him in such a personal way and that God's plan for him somehow incorporates music. I think about the way you called me back to talk about the classes even when it was out of our financial comfort zone. Our son has really connected with our church drummer and gets to play his drums after service:) So neat to see God already working in his little life!
Thanks for all you've done for our family and continue to do for our boys! "Ms. Jane" is talked about often at our house:)
- We had a family concert Friday. Hazel brought out her bongos and horn for us to play and she played her kid piano. I think she’s missing Mrs. Jane and music classes.
- Jane is absolutely wonderful! She is an amazing and very talented teacher. All of our kids have been instructed by her and I highly recommend!
- I cannot believe we are already in the second semester of Musikgarten! My baby has changed and grown tremendously since our first weeks of class!
As I watched her last week, it appeared as if she felt a sense of comfort, like she was not the new kid on the block. She walked around, snooping at books and instruments as if she was quite comfortable. I love her sense of adventure, but I am not sure if I should make her sit with me and participate or if I should allow her some room to explore and realize she will come back to join in on the fun? I never expected a little girl to be so adventurous! My boys never would've wandered off my lap! She seems to want to see it all! She's less apt to sit still.
She loves the music. When we sing the "Choo-Choo" train song at home she leans forward or throws herself back before I finish singing the words. She loves that rhyme! The best part is the boys have also learned the rhyme and play the game along with her!
I was pleasantly surprised when we sang "She'll be Coming Around the Mountain" and "This Is the Way the Ladies Ride," which are two of my childhood favorites! I remember teaching these rhymes to my younger cousins! What great memories surround these songs! I love that I am able to make new memories with my daughter (and sons!) now with familiar songs from my own childhood!! How wonderfully God works in different ways to allow us to experience wonderful old memories in new and exciting ways! What a gift!!
Songs from music class can often comfort my baby. She doesn't like being changed or dressed, but a song from class turns that around! I'm amazed by how much my sons enjoy participating in music time at home! They love to crawl on the floor and join in as she and I enjoy our songs at home!
Thank you for sharing your gift and your passion for music and the children with us!! We love Thursday mornings!
- I am thrilled with the progress Kayleigh has made in the classes each week and enjoy coming home Thursday nights to see what she has learned with you and Gramma! It is amazing to see her doing something new each week - from marching, clapping, or doing the different movements as we sing the songs. I appreciate all that you do and thank you again! We are so blessed to have you and Musikgarten in our lives.
- "This little girl loooooooves music class!" said Jackie on our way to Musikgarten this morning. :-)
- Since I will be out of town this Friday, my husband will be bringing Ava instead! I'm so happy that he will get to see how much fun we have at Musikgarten!
- Mason wasn't feeling well today - so we weren't able to make it to class today… and he really wanted to go, he kept clapping his hands this morning! ;-)
- Ruby calls Musikgarten at Ocean View School of Music “Going to Miss Jane’s house!”
- Our family was sitting around the table for Thanksgiving, and each person was asked what they were thankful for; Daniel replied “I’ll tell you what I’m NOT thankful for - missing Music Class today!”
- Daniel really enjoyed music today; he kept talking about a very long trip and I realized he was talking about his music folder. I think this semester of Music Makers Around The World will be very exciting for him!
Later, Daniel told me that British people don’t wear watches. We realized he had reached this conclusion after participating in your story of Dick Whittington and the bells tolling for morning, time for work etc!
- Tanner thoroughly enjoyed class today. He told me who all was in there and he thanked God ‘for my friends at Music and Miss Jane”! Thanks for leading him so well.
- Good morning, thank you for all of your hard work preparing for our class! Thank you for making music such a wonderful learning experience for Emerson! We have enjoyed watching him grow through music.
- Thank you so much for what you are teaching Braxton! He loves Musikgarten class! He is constantly tapping his drum sticks at home and he now "moving and dancing to music". He is also enjoying playing his xylophone! As a teacher myself, I know how important music is to the development of young children. It also helps that he has an opportunity to interact with you and other babies! Rhonda did tell me about his participation in class. I was so happy to hear his sweet voice! I feel that you and Musikgarten is contributing so much to Braxton's growth and development. It always seems like that he reaches his developmental milestones on Thursdays too! (After music class of course!) Thank you once again for all that you do for our family!